Software For BlackBerry® Curve (TM) 8900 smartphone BlackBerry Handheld Software v184.108.40.2066 (Multilanguage)RELEASED 10-12-09
Package Version: 220.127.116.116
* Applications: 18.104.22.1680
* Software Platform: 22.214.171.124
* File name: 8900M_PBr4.6.1_rel456_PL126.96.36.199_A188.8.131.520_AVEA. exe
* File size: 123.35MB
Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.
Download the OS file here:https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=25DF35DE87AA441B88F22A6C2A830A17
Instructions to install on ANY 8900 from ANY CARRIER.
1. Download the above OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
2. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."
3. Plug in BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.
The process takes about 45 minutes to an hour depending on how much data you have to backup and restore during the process. Once it's done loading the new OS it will reboot
(it may do this twice during the entire process.) You will see a white screen with an hourglass for up to 20 minutes at a time while the DM says "waiting for initialization."
If, for some reason, you end up with a white screen with small icons and the number 507, simply connect to the PC again and run Loader.exe again and it should load the OS to the device.
WARNING: Loading your Blackberry Device with this OS and sending it back to tmobile will result in a Out Of Warranty notice and a fee. So before you send back the device make sure to put the OFFICIAL OS for your BB device from tmobile you can get it at www.tmobile.com/bbupgrade
Just downloaded this OS a couple of days ago. Seems to be running smoothly. Less memory leak. Feel free to share your experiences with the new OS.