I have to tell you - I am SUPER impressed by this phone. The two things that really stood out to me right away are:
1) The sturdiness of it. While I could see people complaining that it might be too 'heavy' I think it feels great. The casing is all metal, and you can tell. This thing feels great in your hand.
2) The keyboard mechanism is really ingenious. I have not gotten the hang of the best way to flip it open yet, but it is SO smooth. It makes the Droid look like a car that doesn't have power steering.
To answer the thread questions:
1) Commerce, Michigan
2) Dunno! Just got it an hour ago (but it hasnt died yet
3) Sounds really good to me.
4) Covered above, but so far looks really solid.
5) Had one initial "uh-oh" moment when a message came up suddenly saying my SIM card failed, but that was after the initial setup and before a clean reboot... Hasn't happened since.
I DO have one question/item I do not like so far... Which is:
On my G1, I like how I could press any button and the lock screen would come up, and then I had to press Menu to unlock it (so essentially Menu twice would unlock it). It seems with this phone, the ONLY way to get to the unlock screen is to press a tiny button at the top of the phone - instead of pressing any button or the screen or even pressing the optical scroll thingy (which I find really strange). I dont like having to find that button each time I want to see what time it is!
Anyone know of a way to make the optical sensor push also display the unlock screen!? Other than that I love it so far!!!!