Been manually searching for the update every now and then since 2/16.
2:02 - Manual check for updates
2:03 - Downloading begins via 3G connection
2:13 - Download complete and installation/ reboot begins. (Image of generic white box vomiting an arrow on to a flat G1 displayed during install.)
2:16 - Yellow indicator bar looks like it got stuck, but it is moving slowly.
2:17 - Screen goes black and there is a blue bar at the bottom with some stars in it. (Reminds me of the windows blue screen of death.)
2:17 - Phone appears to be turning on. Moto "M". logo displayed. Oh it went back to the yellow indicator bar and now back to the "M"
2:19 - "M" is still being displayed, but the "blur" logo is now flashing. I assume this is progress?
2:21 - T-Mobile "stick together" logo congeals from flying words.
2:22 - "stick together" image still "hanging". (I'm getting nervous)
2:23 - "M" logo with blur appears again. Then goes to "stick together" Flashes to my clock screen and displays 5:18 "No Service". Service is found and clock and date corrects itself.
2:24 - Everything looks to be complete. Whew.
-Screen seems much more responsive. Not laggy as it feels fully awake. (Similar to when i first bought it and it got slower as I installed stuff.) We'll see how long that lasts.
-iMeem is gone.
I’ve noticed that my battery drains faster, I am getting “force close” errors for the native music app (lots of them, vs. none before), when using the alarm clock touching the screen is not very responsive to put it in snooze, the screen isn’t any more responsive (If anything it’s less as I have to hit it multiple times to get it to respond.) I also just had it reboot all on it's own when playing some music.
Edit: 3/2/2010 - My battery is draining like crazy today. Almost 1% every 6 minutes, with no real use.