My only real question is, what do I have to do to not get hacked? I know there is some password that needs changing or something, but does this mean I am free from attacks?
You shouldn't be worried. Not many people are at risk here since most of you guys don't even use SSH. SSH lets you add/delete files in the iPhone from any computer (as long as its enabled in the iPhone). If you don't have if (which the majority of iPhone users don't) your safe. You have to MANUALLY DOWNLOAD SSH tools from Cydia, just don't install those tools and your safe. Even if you did install any of those tools, all you have to do is change the default password using MobileTerminal.
Here are the steps to change the default password if you have an SSH tool:
1. Go to Cydia and search for MobileTerminal and install it
2. Once you have installed MobileTerminal go to homescreen and click on the icon for MobileTerminal
3. First time you enter you have to type in su
4. Then type in: alpine
5. Then type in: passwd
6. It will then prompt you for a new password
7. Enter your new password (it must be 5 digits long)Your DONE! THIS IS ONLY IF YOU HAVE AN SSH TOOL INSTALLED FROM CYDIA.