« on: October 28, 2010, 10:52:57 am »
What do we know about the upcoming OTA update for the G2 and what would we like to see? Here’s a list of what I (think)know or would like to see happen.
1. Wifi calling enabled
2. Tethering enabled with plan?
1. Random reboots fixed (I don’t have a problem yet but others report it)
2. A way to shut-off or delete unwanted preloaded apps
3. Radio upgrade (should fix reception issues)
4. Louder call volume and ringtones
5. Data connection stability
6. Fix internal memory problem (4g)
7. Fix the hanging hinge issue.
Wanted in Addition to Needed: (without root or secondary vendor app)
1. New sense “Fastboot”
2. FM radio enabled
3. TMO TV app (direct from TMO)
4. To control pad notification light color and style.
5. Charging dock
6. Nicer covers and cases (but it’s a new phone and will come in time)
7. Better battery life
1. Be able to color code and personalize Goggle calendar easily on my phone.
2. Be able to save attachments from e-mail other than photos
3. Automatic Spell Checker
4. Desktop manager for Android to be able to back-up to PC and manage phone.
I love the looks and capabilities of this phone; all it lacks is a little tweaking. I hope TMO makes the “G” series their flagship Android business/tech phone and have the My Touch 4G for the top family /fun phone. What would you like to see on the G2?